Research in Finance is seeking a passionate quantitative data analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Quant, this role has plenty of variety, involving:
• Collaborating with team members in a range of research projects
• Analyse primary data sets and translate the data into insightful reports
• Quality checking of data tables and reports
• Write, script and test survey programming using software
• Managing survey fieldwork ensuring quality of data collected and quotas are reached
• Coding verbatim for quantitative analysis
• Using statistical software to analyse the data and create data tables
• Charting data
• Opportunity to hone your knowledge of investment management and insurance. You will work across an array of topic areas to develop the subject matter expertise required to help structure projects.
• Supporting Head of Quant and all senior researchers in all day-to-day tasks.
The successful candidate will have at least 1 years’ experience within market research or in an equivalent data analytical role and be excited by the prospect of working for a boutique, but fast-growing, research agency. Ideally, we would expect the candidate to:
• Have experience with data analysis software such as Q Research or spss desirable but not essential
• Have good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
• Be of an analytical mindset and be highly numerate
• Be able to translate data into visually appealing and insightful presentations
• Have confidence in working with multiple projects simultaneously and large data sets
• Maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Possess strong time management skills
• Be highly organised and commitment
Ultimately, they must be skilled in collecting, organising, analysing, and disseminating information with attention to detail and accuracy. Experience of the financial services industry is helpful but not essential, as full training in all areas will be provided both internally and by external providers.
A proactive team player, they will thrive in an environment where there is plenty of opportunity to develop their research skills and specialist industry knowledge. This will require a positive ‘can do’ attitude and being able to remain calm in stressful situations.
If you are interested in applying for this role – please send a CV with covering letter by email to Adele Gray.