Research in Finance is looking for a Senior Researcher to join our growing team in the City. This is an exciting opportunity for a young professional ready to progress their research career in a fast-paced, growing agency and gain experience in the financial services industry.
Your primary role
As a Senior Researcher, you will be working closely with the other members of the team to deliver a wide range of B2C and B2B bespoke and syndicated projects. Responsibilities will include:
• Conduct depth interviews both on the telephone and face to face
• Train to be able to moderate focus groups
• Responsibility for research materials design and implementation, including writing discussion guides
• Report writing and presentation creation including client recommendations, with the ability to work independently
• Management of the analysis, interpretation and reporting process so that the project reflects the Client’s business objectives in the presentation and reporting of findings
• To ensure that projects are resourced and implemented correctly, to the satisfaction of the client, within budget and on time
• Ensuring that all day-to-day (i.e. project related) client liaison runs smoothly
• Identifying internal or external resources needed to complete a project, including selection of freelancers and/or fieldwork partners where not already defined as part of the proposal
• Writing proposals with minimum Director input
• Client management and presentation of company credentials, proposals and research results
• Feeding into research proposals of other team members
• Questionnaire design and scripting
• Coding verbatim for quantitative analysis
• Using statistical software to analyse the data and create data tables
• Charting data
• Outlining key research findings and helping to shape recommendations and conclusions
The successful candidate will receive training on the survey scripting and statistical software we use.
Educated to degree level with fluent written and spoken English. Around two years of experience in a market research, data analyst, data processing or related role.
As a small team, we expect candidates to be highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic and excellent organisational skills. Other skills required:
• Analytical and numerical skills
• Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Attention to detail
• Able to manage and prioritise responsibilities across multiple projects
• Flexible during particularly busy periods
• Experience in financial market research is not essential, but an interest in the financial services sector is highly desirable
About Research in Finance
Research in Finance is a market intelligence, publishing and business information provider, specialising in the UK and European financial services industries. With over 50 years’ cumulative experience within the retail, institutional and private investor markets, we believe our combination of research and sector expertise is unparalleled and makes us an invaluable partner to any business operating in financial services.
Established in 2014, we are a relatively young but ambitious, experienced and fast-growing business working in partnership with some of the leading global asset management firms.
Our research has helped our clients to:
• Assess market opportunity for new investment products and services
• Improve how they engage with their customers – both advisers and DIY investors
• Understand the impact of key market trends on their businesses
• Restructure their sales teams to operate more effectively
• Establish who their key competitors are and relative strengths and weaknesses
• Prove customer outcomes to the financial regulator
If you are interested in applying for this role – please send a CV with covering letter by email to Adele Gray.