The UK Institutional Market Study(UKIMS) was launched in 2015 to provide a deeper understanding of trends in pension fund investments and how investment houses can effectively communicate, influence and engage with this audience. The project is a mixture of quantitative and qualitative research, which takes place over a 12-month period, matching the pace and dynamics of the market.
With each wave of UKIMS, Research in Finance (RiF) looks to provide cutting-edge insight on the topics most relevant to institutional investors.
UKIMS focuses on the views and behaviours of pension investment decision makers and influencers: investment consultants, scheme managers and CIOs, trustees and professional trustees. This respected industry study covers a real array of topics, from likely changes in asset allocation and attitudes to Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) to information
and communication preferences.
• Expected asset allocation changes over the next 12-24
• Specific views for a range of investment areas, including
alternatives and Diversified Growth Funds (DGFs)
• Current popularity of passive investing and direction
• Perceived market leaders across asset classes
• Sentiment around ESG investing
• Trusted sources of information/fund analysis
• Trade magazines/websites read/visited
• Events attended, both investment house-led and
• Content and contact from investment houses valued by schemes and consultants e.g. whitepapers, events, portfolio information, trustee training, factsheets etc.
• The leading investment houses for thought leadership and reasons behind perception
UKIMS: The 2018 Report details trends across these topic areas and includes commentary from influential industry figures, including:
• Richard Butcher, Managing Director of PTL Trustees
• Caroline Escott, Policy Lead: Investment and DB at the PLSA
• Phil Farrell, Partner at Quantum Advisory
• Jon Hatchett, Partner at Hymans Robertson
• Christopher Inman, Investment Principal at AON
• Patrick McCoy, Head of Investment at Xafinity Punter Southall
• Kenny Nicoll, Director at Redington
• Cliff Speed, Chief Investment Officer at The Pensions Trust
Our Director Toby Finden-Crofts took part in a panel debate on the impact of Brexit and the future of investing, …
A rolling In-depth quarterly study into the UK financial adviser market
Quantitative and Qualitative approach
A review of all the influential segments …
The Research in Finance media tracker round-up – a report that tells you what the IFA trade press are saying about your business and/or funds. Also, who is advertising, how big are their volumes and what are they actually promoting. In addition does advertising and PR ultimately make a difference to fund inflows?
A study to gain deeper understanding to the changes in fund distribution post RDR.
The rise of the use of outsourcing …
European bancassurance project
An in-depth research project to discover what makes a great sales aid for the European bancassurers.
What elements are …