Please take a look over some of the projects we have completed recently. If you would like to hear more about the insight gained, please contact one of the RiF team, who will be happy to discuss
Retail Customer Interest Study
The Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) has now clarified its expectations of asset managers regarding the consideration of direct retail customers’ interests and the regulatory obligation the fund groups have on them.
The research will offer insight into how consumers go about making their investment decisions and which methods they use to execute those transactions. It will also explore buyer’s investment knowledge against attitude to risk amongst other things. Understanding the needs of this sector of the market is crucial to ensure that the investment products already in existence and those that may be launched to the market address both the needs of the customer and meet the consumer expectations.
Paraplanner 2013, in association with the IFP
- A unique study into the developing world of the paraplanner
- Using RiF’s exclusive paraplanner database
- Identifying the typologies that exist in this complex, but increasingly important sector across both in-house and outsourced individuals
- Proving the decision making influence of this lesser known group in the advice chain
- Crucially uncovering how to reach them and create a bespoke marketing message for them
UK Investment Trust Quarterly
- A unique report bringing together data and qualitative analysis into the UK Investment trust market
- Includes detail on the buying, selling, performance and sentiment of the IT market
- Using data supplied from a range of strategic partners
- Comprehensive review of the changing landscape of the market both through actual sales and the propensity of advisers to invest
Discretionary/wealth manager brand study
- A senior level investigation into the decision making process amongst key UK fund selectors
- A examination into the triggers that help get a fund manager on and off the company “buy list”
- The importance of brand and the role of “soft criteria” such as trust in the process
- A review of the scoring structure used by wealth managers
- The relationship between marketing, performance and fund inflows
- Media consumption amongst key wealth managers
European bank assurance project
European bancassurance project
- An in-depth research project to discover what makes a great sales aid for the European bancassurers.
- What elements are crucial to ensure advisers are able to demonstrate their fund selection decisions to their clients?
- How do the preferences differ across the individual countries?
- Which groups are already doing this successfully and what is it that’s made them stand out?
Financial Adviser Outsourcing report
- A study to gain deeper understanding to the changes in fund distribution post RDR.
- The rise of the use of outsourcing through a DFM or Open Architecture solution has challenged the traditional sales process.
- Is this a safe route for advisers to go for or the next focus for the FCA to investigate?
- Which firms are advisers working with and what is it about their propositions that secured the advisers business?
It used to be simple. When explaining to someone how the investment strategies of life and pensions insurers differed from …
More from our blog
A rolling In-depth quarterly study into the UK financial adviser market
Quantitative and Qualitative approach
A review of all the influential segments …
The Research in Finance media tracker round-up – a report that tells you what the IFA trade press are saying about your business and/or funds. Also, who is advertising, how big are their volumes and what are they actually promoting. In addition does advertising and PR ultimately make a difference to fund inflows?
More Live products
A study to gain deeper understanding to the changes in fund distribution post RDR.
The rise of the use of outsourcing …
European bancassurance project
An in-depth research project to discover what makes a great sales aid for the European bancassurers.
What elements are …
More Past products